Thread: triaxis fuzzy sound....?

Default triaxis fuzzy sound....?

hello to everyone!
    I've seen that quite a lot of people that own a Triaxis have problems with it having a fuzzy sound that usually is caused because the opamp is overloaded..I own a triaxis and i have this kind of problem...

a)assuming that it is caused due to the opamp....what can i do to fix it..?should i replace sth or if i change the parameters of my sound it will be enough to make this unwanted gain/fizziness to go away?

b)does anyone have another idea of what is the cause of the problem or how to solve it?

my chain is:ibanez 7vwh->triaxis-g force(in the effects loop)->mesa 2:90

thanks

It shouldn't sound fuzzy... What kind of gain and drive settings do you use? Where do you set the master vols and output vol?
    Some people say that using TA's fx loop causes some changes in tone. I never use TA's fx loop so I don't know if this is true. Take the G-force away from TA's fx loop and put it between TA and 2:90 instead.
    Last edited by Jakem; 09-04-2008 at 01:11 PM.

ive heard of this problem with the op amp before. i saw a fix for it somewhere on some site but for the life of me i dont know where i found it. sorry.

good luck with it though.

EDIT: how much of the dynamic voice are you using? ive read that using little or now dynamic voice can help tame the fuzz. just a thought.

I've heard much about overloading the opamp and have gotta say I've never experienced many problems with it causing fuzzy or buzzy tone, and I keep mine around 7.5 on my heavy presets. Just make sure you keep the volume of the triaxis well tamed, both with the volume pot and the actual controls.

I will have to say though, but of course this may just be with mine, a bad tube, or something, but having the FX loop enabled even with just a patch cable running through it decreases the volume and increases fuzzyness. Try putting the g force inbetween the TA and 290. I have my Xpression in the fx loop but it's something I'm going to take a look at doing as well.

Ya know I've never though of it until now, but actually using the FX loop on a pre amp like a Triaxis is kind of pointless. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't using an FX loop just put the signal after the pre amp, and before the power amp? Isn't it just complicating things by using one? I"m gonna rewire my rack now...haha.

Anyway, about the fuzzyness.

1-Do you use a wireless?
    2-Try the FX loop thing people suggested.
    3-Does it do it in all the voices, or just a few? If its only a few, then odds are its a shotty tube.
    4-Is the gain still responding like it did before it was fuzzy? If its not, again, prolly a tube.
    5-Check and recheck your cables. Strip down your set up so its as simple as possible, then start adding things back into it until you hear the fuzzyness. If its there with the simplest of set up, then you can at least rule out the other stuff.

Just a little check list there.

Yea, it really doesn't make too much sense haha. Even though I have it wired up in the FX Loop and haven't had too many complaints, I'm going to try wiring it up between the TriAxis and 2:90. I think the only reason I wouldn't want to do this is because I do have some presets that don't use my Xpression, so it's straight from the TriAxis to the 2:90, I think I'd like to keep it that way instead of just using the bypass on the Xpression. But who knows =)

ok...i tried some stuff and:

-I changed the tubes but the problem remains
    -it happens with all the modes
    -i disconnected everything from the effects loop. but the problem is still there

Does anyone has a clue of what is happening,or has anybody experienced sth like this before?and if it is an opamp problem finally,how can i fix it?

Ya gots a busted Triaxis. :(

Boogie - Blackstar - Marshall - Gibson - Washburn

- Milo

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPapaducci

Does anyone has a clue of what is happening,or has anybody experienced sth like this before?and if it is an opamp problem finally,how can i fix it?
    Try asking/searching over here:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewforum...25d9858f9f6d4f
    I used to have OCD, but I'm much better now 123.... I used to have OCD, but I'm much better now 123.... I used to have OCD, but I'm much better now 123....