Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghost

Post Ghost

http://youtu.be/Avj5QO-RgCc?hd=1

why so good ? Goosebumps !
    Bo~El MC-6 Sharkfin Fuchsia, Peavey 6505+ Combo, MXR M116 Fullbore Metal, MXR M169 Carbon Copy Delay, Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah, Mogami Gold HD Cables, Jazz 3 Picks

I stumbled upon them a few months ago, and I'll admit, upon first listen I was not converted. But fast forward a few weeks, and after listening through Deep Purple's early catalogue, the Gillen years being my own preference, I again played Ghost - and they clicked, or the songs just got stuck in my head, whichever. His voice still throws me often, but the last track on the CD, the instrumental, and the cover of "Here Comes The Sun" I thought were great.

I understand a lot of people may not get them at all - you either love 'em or hate 'em - but come this Halloween, they will make perfect sense to many of those that merely need their own seriousness halted, the way that holidays seem to finally allow them to - you know, to disengage from the conditioning and automation they claim is itself bogus. Anyway...

Someone just has to be thinking about playing Ghost through speakers at a haunted house this year.
    What matters in literature in the end is surely the idiosyncratic, the individual, the flavor or the color of a particular human suffering. ~ Harold Bloom

http://www.durangotelegraph.com/04-01-08/second1.htm
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/edwardesparza

My bassist just saw them last night over in Seattle with Opeth, and said that they completely stole the show, and I can see why! Im not really familiar with them, but everything ive heard so far ive liked quite a bit. Im gonna have to catch them next time they are playing close to me. Looks like the put on an interesting show.

That was very entertaining... thank you. I have to admit I was intrigued by the intro and really intrigued at 2:30 when the dead pope or whatever he was came out. Great stagecraft. Unfortunately it went south when they actually started playing instruments. I think something more moody and melodic than plain metal would have been better. But I really can't say anything bad about these guys. Quite creative.

Ghost is easily for me the best new band of 2011. Phenomenal debut album. Ghost is not even my "type" of music, but I literally couldn't stop listening to them for weeks after getting their album. Looking forward to BIG things from them in the future. Addictive as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    That was very entertaining... thank you. I have to admit I was intrigued by the intro and really intrigued at 2:30 when the dead pope or whatever he was came out. Great stagecraft. Unfortunately it went south when they actually started playing instruments. I think something more moody and melodic than plain metal would have been better. But I really can't say anything bad about these guys. Quite creative.
    Pretty much my sentiment.

The intro bit isn't actually their music, that's actually a tune from the film "Eyes Wide Shut". They're just using it for their stage entrance. That said, it does seem to work for them.

I went to the show in Seattle. They were good, but I have to say I enjoyed Mastadon and Opeth a lot more.
    my soundcloud : musical nuggets

Wow. Very cool. Can be slow paced at times but that's alright. It's artistic and cool.

Everyone's technique is better than mine.

I immediately recognized the music from the Eyes Wide Shut soundtrack. An appropriate rip for their intro, but the movie put it to far better use. So are they supposed to be ghosts of dead opera singers? Grew up listening to Opeth and Liberace? Looks way too gimmicky to ever be HUGE, and I think the guy's voice is a bit gay. They would fit on a bill with GWAR and some of the othe freak bands though.

Ive been listening to their cd quite a bit since last night, and its kind of odd, because it almost sounds bad, like beginners generic local metal band riffing but at the same time it sounds really good to me, specially the vocals. So many parts are just really catchy, and it all comes together and really works for me. It makes it kind of funny to see their stage appearance, like its not really fitting compared to the music, but im sure it all ties in with the lyrics, I just havent looked into that part yet.

I feel bad that I at first wrote these guys off as another generic blackmetal band.

I just watched this again and really love the intro. With a producer these guys could be really good. The metal doesn't work though.