Thread: Triaxis Effects loop or not?

Default Triaxis Effects loop or not?

Hi guys (And John P if he's reading)

I've just invested in a Triaxis, and so far it's probably the best pre-amp I've had. I've also invested in a G-Force to run digital effects along with a switching system for pedals. My question is this.... Does John run anything through the Triaxis effects loop in his rack, or is it all wired in series?

I've tried wiring the G-Force into the Triaxis effects loop and so far i'm not too impressed with the loop. One of the presets in the G-Force is a dynamic delay, and it's so quiet...... I never had this issue with my old JMP1 pre-amp as I was able to adjust the level of effects loop, but this appears to be impossible with the Triaxis.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Andy
    "You've seen the film, now get the doll. Handi Bendi Ghandi, complete with a wardrobe of robes and a cast of five thousand"

John used the Mesa 5 band EQ in the effect loop. He used the effect processor(Axe Fx) between the Triaxis and the poweramp.

Check this out, John's triaxis rig is explained here:

http://hugeracksinc.com/forum/viewto...93995&start=15
    Last edited by spacebard; 04-24-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Musicman JP7 BFR Balboa blue burst
    Ibanez J-Custom RG8470BX
    Ibanez RGT320Q RRB

Fractal Axe-FX Ultra
    Mesa Triaxis
    Mesa 2:fifty
    2 x Mesa 2x12 vertical recto cabs
    ART SLA2 power amp

RMJ MMGT 16
    Dunlop rack wah DCR-2SR
    Dynaudio Bm5a

Quote Originally Posted by bettsaj View Post
    Hi guys (And John P if he's reading)

I've just invested in a Triaxis, and so far it's probably the best pre-amp I've had. I've also invested in a G-Force to run digital effects along with a switching system for pedals. My question is this.... Does John run anything through the Triaxis effects loop in his rack, or is it all wired in series?

I've tried wiring the G-Force into the Triaxis effects loop and so far i'm not too impressed with the loop. One of the presets in the G-Force is a dynamic delay, and it's so quiet...... I never had this issue with my old JMP1 pre-amp as I was able to adjust the level of effects loop, but this appears to be impossible with the Triaxis.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Andy
    When I had a Triaxis, I had no problems running my effects through the effects loop. I used both a Lexicon MPX550 and a G-major 2 at different times.
    Quote Originally Posted by heykids
    With a name like "Nazgul666", I expect nothing less than 12s in standard tuning. Congrats anyway, Nancy123.

I tried it both ways, in the end I ran the processor after the Tri Axis.

Reason being I considered the processor a full time device in my audio chain. And leave the loop available for some other device since it’s switchable. Just for an example: say some cool new flanger (stomp box) I would put that in the loop.

John
    (Rig 1)
    Fractal Axe-Fx II (Mark I) & MFC-101 (Mark I)
    XA-1 & XA-2 Adapters
    (2) EV-1 Expression pedals
    Carvin DCM200L
    Mission Engineering, Gemini 1-P (FRFR cab)

(Rig 2)
    AX8

Many thanks guys... You've been really helpful.

Maybe i'm just being thick... But I can't get my head around the FX loop in the Triaxis. let me explain my problem.

When i place the G-Force in the Triaxis loop, and toggle the Triaxis through the different switch, loop combinations i have no sound when the loop is on, but i do have sound when the loop is off. I must say at this point i'm not using a Mesa boogie 2:90.... I'm using a Randal stereo power amp.

The manual says that the master control alters the FX loop level as well as the master volume for that patch.... well, even when the master is at 5.5 i hear nothing when the loop is on.

What am I missing?
    "You've seen the film, now get the doll. Handi Bendi Ghandi, complete with a wardrobe of robes and a cast of five thousand"

Quote Originally Posted by bettsaj View Post
    Many thanks guys... You've been really helpful.

Maybe i'm just being thick... But I can't get my head around the FX loop in the Triaxis. let me explain my problem.

When i place the G-Force in the Triaxis loop, and toggle the Triaxis through the different switch, loop combinations i have no sound when the loop is on, but i do have sound when the loop is off. I must say at this point i'm not using a Mesa boogie 2:90.... I'm using a Randal stereo power amp.

The manual says that the master control alters the FX loop level as well as the master volume for that patch.... well, even when the master is at 5.5 i hear nothing when the loop is on.

What am I missing?
    Trouble shooting:
    (Going to assume you have the thing wired correctly.)

If your processor has lights to show input level, are they lighting up at all while playing with the loop engaged? If so adjust check wiring from output of processor to effects in of the TriAxis and crank the output of the processor to around 5-8.
    Still nothing, try a pedal of some sort in the loop. Also since most pedals are mono try both sides (left/right A/B whatever they have it labeled) of the effects return on the TriAxis.
    Still nothing just plug a cable in the loop and engaged it and like above try both sides, if this fails the TriAxis needs service.l
    (Rig 1)
    Fractal Axe-Fx II (Mark I) & MFC-101 (Mark I)
    XA-1 & XA-2 Adapters
    Carvin DCM200L
    Mission Engineering, Gemini 1-P (FRFR cab)

(Rig 2)
    AX8